Matt found one of the coolest places in Houston on Saturday. Houston Memorial Park and Arboretum! I know that this level of excitement for an arboretum might make us sound super boring, but trust me. It's pretty awesome. I think of it as a city oasis. Parts of it are cultivated as gardens and parks, but the area that we went to is this giant, wild, forest-y, magic land. It will be even more amazing when it's not a million degrees outside :)
And this, my friends, is the most delicious pizza we've ever made. I was trying to channel the baked potato pizza at Pizza Pie Cafe. The only thing it was missing was hot sauce . . . next time. Trust me, there will be a next time.
Which brings us to today! The real birthday. I was forbidden from telling anyone it was Matt's birthday. However, his Dad is here to visit and I think we pulled together a pretty good celebration.
| My cupcake cake looks a little smushy. But I pulled it off with one cake mix instead of two so I'm calling it a success. |
Happy birthday Matt! I love you so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment