Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

What We've Been Up To


Matt: So after begging Matt to come write his own little blurb, he came over and typed two words, "Medical School," and refused to write anymore. Haha. I guess that pretty much sums it up! He started classes on Monday and is enjoying it so far. It's pretty overwhelming, and it's proving to be just as much work as he thought it would be (if not more), but he's ready to give it all he's got. One of his big classes this semester is anatomy. All of the students are assigned to cadavers in teams of three. Luckily, Matt really likes his team since they'll be spending a lot of time together. This week they began dissecting the back and looking at different muscles and arteries. Honestly it makes me a little queasy, but he's enjoying it and learning a ton.

Sarah: School starts tomorrow! I've been working 10 hour days for the last two weeks going to new teacher trainings, signing paperwork, attending professional development seminars, tech training, STAAR training, meeting with my "team" (the other 10th grade English teachers), creating lesson plans for the first couple weeks, decorating my classroom, and setting up classroom procedures. Phew! I am ready to teach! School is a weird place without any students. I love the other teachers, and I already have some really good friends (love my team!), but I love working with the kids/teenagers. It's going to be hard. Situations will arise that I don't feel equipped to deal with, and I'm curious about how classroom management is going to be. I know that I can do it though, and I feel like I'm going to grow so much as a teacher this year. I'll have lots of stories to tell. Stay posted!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are super busy! Good luck with the start of school! You'll be great.

    ReplyDelete