Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sometimes I wonder about these kiddos...

In my classroom, next to my desk, I put up a collage of some people, books, and works of art, that I think my students should be somewhat familiar with (Van Gogh's "Starry Night," Fahrenheit 451, Martin Luther King, etc.) Yesterday, in the middle of testing, one my students called out, "Miss? Is that a picture of you when you were little?" It took me a moment to realize that she was looking at this picture of Amelia Earhart:
Seriously??? It took all of my composure not to bust out laughing as I calmly replied, "No, that's Amelia Earhart. That picture was probably taken in the 1920s." She thought for a second..."Oh! She's the one who died, right?" Long pause. "Yes. Please finish your test and raise your hand next time if you have a question."

My job is never dull :)


2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. It must be something about the hairstyle ;) The student was obviously concentrating hard on the test...

    ReplyDelete